Mission & Vision
The mission and vision for the Mount Vernon Triangle Community Improvement District is to develop Mount Vernon Triangle as a unique downtown neighborhood within the East End of downtown Washington, DC, with a strong residential community, Class-A office space, diverse places to shop and dine, and attractive, safe, and active parks and public spaces.
The ingredients for achieving the vision for Mount Vernon Triangle are:
- People: A diverse and energetic group, eager to be part of the community
- Design: A lively mix of uses with residential, retail and office projects. Outstanding architecture, historic places, public art, parks and plazas that engage people and are enjoyed by the community
- Retail: A wide variety of restaurants, shops, services, and amenities that provide for needs of the neighborhood and create great experiences
- Transportation: Walkable neighborhood, proximity to Metrorail at Gallery Place/Chinatown, Mt. Vernon Square/Convention Center, Judiciary Square, and Union Station. Circulator and Metro bus access, Bikeshare, Amtrak & MARC Train and access to I-395. Plans for streetcar on K St connection Union Station and Georgetown.
- Partnerships: An innovative, public-private collaboration